2019 Fall 4th STMF Racing Youth Scholarship Application
4th Sam Thompson Foundation Scholarships for Racing Youth Application
Program Guidelines & Priorities
- Graduating seniors or students that are currently enrolled in college whose family is involved with the U.S. horse racing community.
- Scholarships are also available to technical, vocational and trade school applicants.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or proof of completed GED and plan to attend a community
college, university, technical, vocational or trade school.
- Applicants must provide a short essay stating why they should receive the award and their relationship to the NM horse racing community.
- Applicants must provide 2 references the Foundation can contact
- Applicants must be enrolled in school or enrolling for the 2019-2020 school years.
- Recipients will be announced August 12th.
- Scholarship funds will be paid August/September 2019 for the Fall 2019 semester, and will be paid directly to the school and not to the student. It will be the student’s responsibility to submit to the Foundation at that time an invoice for the semester tuition and fees, student ID card and school information.
Complete application on-line, print and mail the completed application to:
Sam Thompson Memorial Foundation
c/ o Laura Joiner
903 Mesa Roja Trail NE
Rio Rancho, NM 87124
All applications must be received by July 26, 2019
The applications will be reviewed and recipients selected by the Sam Thompson Memorial Foundation Scholarship Committee.
If you have any questions, please Click Here.