Sam Thompson Memorial Foundation “Zia RacingYouth” Scholarship Awards
We are proud to announce the Sam Thompson Memorial Foundation “Zia RacingYouth” Scholarship Awards. The ST Memorial Foundation is offering $25,000 in total scholarship awards to applicants from the New Mexico horse racing community for the 2018 – 2019 school years. This round of scholarships is open to New Mexico residents whose family is involved in the New Mexico horse racing community. We encourage NM racetrack youth that want to further their education through traditional means or those that want to learn a trade to apply! The deadline to apply is July 14, 2018 and the winners will be contacted by the Foundation on July 16, 2018. Please direct all questions to Laura Joiner email@example.com
Program Guidelines & Priorities:
NM Racetrack Youth defined as a NM resident whose family is involved in the NM horse racing community.
- Graduating seniors or students that are currently enrolled in college whose family is involved with the NM horse racing community.
- Scholarships are also available to technical, vocational and trade school applicants.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or proof of completed GED and plan to attend a community college, university, technical, vocational or trade school.
- Applicants must provide a short essay stating why they should receive the award and their relationship to the NM horse racing community.
- Applicants must provide 2 references the Foundation can contact.
- Applicants must be enrolled in school or enrolling for the 2018-2019 school years.
- Scholarship funds will be paid from August 2018 – January 31, 2019 (depending on the student’s enrollment date) directly to the school and not to the student. It will be the student’s responsibility to submit to the Foundation at that time an invoice for the semester tuition and fees, student ID card and school information.